Over the years, scar tissue can form as a result of traumatic injury, sun-damage, acne, and genetics. At PFRANKMD™ Skin Salon we feature several advanced techniques to minimize scarring and restore your confidence.
How does scar tissue form
Our body’s natural response to injury is to repair itself immediately. For instance, if you sustain a cut, surgical treatment, or experience damage to your skin in some way, you’ll notice a change in the texture of your skin. Once the body’s healing process is initiated, scar tissue is prompted to form. Though this is part of a natural healing process, the newly created skin doesn’t contain the same elasticity as its predecessor. The newly composed collagen cells don’t arrange themselves as well as the one’s before and this results in rough, unevenly textured skin which has an unattractive outward appearance. Our revolutionary methods help reduce unpleasant effects of scars, including color, depth, texture, and thickness.
Treatment options available for scar revision
- V-beam laser – this non-ablative laser procedure transmits precise waves of light into blood vessels responsible for mild to moderate scars. Effectively remodels most skin lesions and smooths texture while boosting collagen levels.
- Enlighten III and Medlite laser – our innovative treatment utilizes laser technology to treat blemishes, brown marks, and freckles.
- Fraxel – non-ablative laser therapy effectively resurfaces scars with minimal downtime. Fraxel Restore treats discolored scars related to acne, surgery or trauma in one or more treatments.
- Injectable cortisone – treats keloid scars and severe scar tissue. Steroid treatments soften and flatten the appearance of moderate to severe scars and can be combined with other procedures.
- 5-FU injections – treat moderate to severe keloid scars by reducing thickened cellular tissue.
- Microdroplet Silicone injections – monthly microdroplet treatments of Medical Grade Silikon 1000; This process can gradually, safely, effectively, and permanently fill in indented scars of all types.
- CROSS Technique (Chemical Reconstruction of Scarred Skin) – developed in Korea years ago for ice-pick scars, this puncture technique uses a high concentration of TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid) to break up and smooth out difficult acne scars.
Why choose PFRANKMD™ Skin Salon for your Scar Revision Treatment
With a thorough understanding of scar revision, excellent patient-care and access to the most advanced laser technology, PFRANKMD™ Skin Salon of NYC has the answers you’ve been waiting for. If you’re concerned about blemishes, acne or trauma scars, please contact us for your complimentary consultation.